FINALLY! I’ve finally triumphed over technological issues with Youtube and captioning! HERE IT IS:
Part 1: Click here!
Part 2: Click here!
Captioning can be turned on by clicking on the ‘cc’ button on bottom right corner of the video.
Enjoy the creepy glow cloud scene and ridiculous mini music movie that my friends and I’ve spent less than 10 minutes making it. :P
And thank you all so much for awesome support <3
AND! AND! I’ve added ASL Gloss to both videos!
Now, you can click on ‘cc’ and click on ‘ASL Gloss’ if you want to see exact english word that exactly matched what I said in ASL. Gloss is helpful for you to find out what exactly I was signing— it’ll help you to learn how to sign important stuff like ‘glow cloud’ and ‘void that can think’. (Other subtitle option, ‘English language’ is written English’ exactly what the hearing Cecil said on broadcast) ((and yep I’ll add ASL gloss to first episode as well, soon!))
Part 1 of Draw Every Cecil Wearing the Clothes In My Closet
1. Japanese American Cecil with hearing aids, wearing my space sweater and flouncy yellow skirt and hello kitty necklace. He also has some scars on his face.
2. Filipino Cecil with green hair, an assortment of jewelry from my drawer, my yellow/orange/scarlet top, my pale purple leggings, and my ribbon headband.
More to come. Ok to reblog. Colored pencils and pitt pens on regular ass paper.
Anonymous asked: this blog makes me really happy im so glad people are able to express themselves and be comforted and everything else and like. whoa!!! wtnv is rly rad this blog is rly rad i love everything
And if you* look to your doorstep you will see a package of sheer joy delivered to you.
You should keep that for when you need it. (Or if you really need it now, feel free to open it.)
Anonymous asked: neuro-atypical Dana with an ED????
Dana with ADHD?
(Every other option) Dana?
Why not all of them?
HEADCANON: As a teenager, aspie!Carlos’ special interest was radios, and he was so fascinated by how they worked that he’d collect old broken ones, take them apart and fix them.
While messing around with a particularly odd-looking radio he found at a flea market, Carlos somehow tunes in to Leonard Burton’s segment, and is instantly hooked on what he thinks is an obscure, fictional show.
So you can imagine his reaction when, 20 years later, he discovers that Night Vale is REAL? All that stuff he listened to as a teenager ACTUALLY HAPPENED?
"Carlos told us that we are by far the most scientifically interesting community in the U.S., and he had come to study just what is going on around here. He
grinnedinwardly fangirled the fuck out, and everything about him was perfect, and I fell in love instantly.”
Fandom: Welcome to Night Vale
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: Author Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings, No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Carlos (Welcome to Night Vale)/Other(s)
Characters: Carlos (Welcome to Night Vale), Original Characters
Additional Tags: Backstory, Disability, Chronic Illness, SCIENCE!, Queer Gen, Canon Character of Color, Canon Queer Character of Color, Immigration & Emigration, Myths & Legends, Family Narratives, Disabled Character of Color, Ableism, Roman Catholicism
Series: Part 1 of Mapping Night Vale
When Carlos is 12, he tries map the species and location of all of the insects in the land around Huépac.
By 14, he is mapping his own body, where sensation stops and pain begins, the twists of nerves and bone like geological formations beneath his skin.
By 16, he is mapping legends.
(scars content warning, just in case)
My tablet died tonight so this might be my last art post for a while. Luckily I have a few things I’ve done the past couple of days, so…headcanons!
- I accidentally drew a sad Cecil and I felt so bad for him I had to draw in a Carlos to kiss it better. What a sap, right? Re: the scars, on more than one occasion Cecil’s mentioned that he can’t feel pain, so Cecil having CIP or similar is pretty much my headcanon now. I need to do more research before I do more with that, so all I can do now is draw in scars he probably gave himself accidentally, and show him checking himself for injuries at the end of the day. Which I imagine has probably become somewhat of a bedtime ritual for the two of them by now. :3
- Coupla Dana doodley-doos because DANA and also I drew her once and neglected her for months, which I feel bad about, because look how cool Dana is. Look at her there. Headcanon Dana’s gay as hell and is to pink what Cecil is to purple.
- I TOLD YOU GUYS I’D PUT THIS IN A PROPER POST I TOLD YOU. I uploaded this in a read more before because I was shy, it’s very…projecty… I think because Aspie!Carlos wasn’t diagnosed until he was an adult, he had to find whatever coping method he could get his hands on. And in college he played cello a LOT. It made sense to him, he could get lost in it, it was like meditation. He probably couldn’t get by without knowing his cello was always back at home waiting for him. Like I said: PROJECTY.
- This is what I was doing when my tablet went to shit, so it’s…well, Cecil and Dana being cute BFFs back in the day is something way overdue, so I had to post it anyway! I think Dana, before she was lost, was going through what Cecil did, with the family disappearing and everything, and he was there for her. I mean, she left before “Cassette” so I think he recognised it all, but didn’t know what exactly he recognised her going through. He just knew she needed someone, even if it just meant making sure they’d have a monthly wine and hair dye party for two. (This is why my Cecil has those black roots all the time, Dana’s gone and he can’t look in the mirror to dye it himself. This headcanon runs deep, man.)
(Stuff not pictured, Hiram McDaniels - or two of his heads, anyway - and babby Carlos in his first ever labcoat. I’ve done SO MUCH the past couple of days, it’s like I knew my tablet wasn’t gonna survive. RIP.)
this is a really crappy photo and admittedly not my best work but i cannot sleep and just listened to the new night vale episode and just!!! had to draw cecil!!!
lots of quick notes
1) my headcanon cecil (well, my favorite one anyway) is a native man with albinism (my second favorite is that cecil is actually a tiny spider with a web all throughout night vale and kevin is a burrowing tarantula with burrows throughout desert bluffs, but who even LIKES desert bluffs? gross). so if you’re wondering “what’s this pasty motherfucker doing in the pocecil tag,” that’s why. people with albinism are still people of color. (some people genuinely don’t realize this, if you can believe it.)
2) cecil is wearing sun clothing! this is clothing made specifically for people with albinism to wear in the sun that is long, covers a majority of the body, and actually has a built-in spf. however, it is light and breathable so you don’t melt to death. it also comes in lots of hideous day-glo colors which i am sure cecil would be a fan of. (and yes that is the night vale logo on his collar)
3) that gray blob between the casette tape for the weather and cecil’s coffee mug which features a four-eyed cat is a magnifier. it’s like a magnifying glass but made out of plastic and used to lay flat on a page. i’ve had one since like fifth grade and let me tell you that shit is magic. he uses it to read breaking news that isn’t on the teleprompter mentioned in the new episode. (which is carefully made into large print for him by the radio interns. dana in particular was very good about putting white text on a blue background so cecil could read it perfectly without straining his eyes.)
4) who said night vale’s radio microphone ISN’T powered by a hovering octopus
here we see a variety of desires for Cecil united -
Native Cecil, wanted by many; extremely long haired native Cecil, for Sofriel; ridiculous fashion sense Cecil, for Sofriel and others; and cane user Cecil, for myself. The lipstick is sparkly and the ucane is patterned!!! Wolfwum helped me pick this out.
Cosplayed by an actual native with actual bad fashion sense who actually uses a cane.
((Please do not reblog this unless you are a pocecil blog, Welcome to Disabled Vale, sofriel or wolfwum.))